"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Words may never hurt me"

All this talk about people being so offended by words that others use is starting to get on my nerves. Come on, are we all really stuck back in the first grade?? Last time I checked I was 31 years old, an ADULT..... I'm sure that there are words that people don't like. But there are things that people have a right to and that's freedom of speech!!!! In my opinion I don't like the look of tattoos, I don't like drug dealers, and alcoholics, I don't like dead beat parents, child abusers, people that are LAZY and won't work..... I could make this list go on and on but all of theses things are my opinions. I have a right to to feel the way I do about them, but that is all. If people are so sensitive about what others are saying then they need some professional help to learn new coping mechanisms. So what if Jennifer Aniston said the word "retard" was she speaking about mentally handicapped people?? No, I don't think so. She was saying she was being silly. I am so sick and tired of people that have nothing better to do then sit and wait to hear someone say a word they don't like, and then talk about how much they are offended. Maybe if those people are that offended they should stop watching TV and listening to the radio. I don't like drinking, so I don't go to bars. I don't like drugs, so I don't go buy any, I don't like getting "inked" so I don't hang out at LA ink. Some things in life you are just going to not like, and most of them you won't get to change. You just have to put on your big girl panties and go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment