"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

Saturday, November 29, 2014

This pretty much sums it up!!!!!
How truly blessed we are and so very Thankful for all God has and continues to do for our family. This time last year we were in China getting our daughter, the past year has been a whirlwind and we have come so far. Hadley is happy and healthy, as are our other children. All of our children are wonderful blessings, both Brian and I agree that we wouldn't want our life any different than it is now (except maybe a little more organized).
I Love Thanksgiving so much, it's just a great time to celebrate with family and friends! We celebrated with Brian's family on Thursday, and we will gather at my mom's today (I will post pictures from that dinner as well). I've said it almost every year, this is a super busy, crazy time of year for most everyone but Brian and I really feel the heat with Birthday's coming, Christmas, football playoffs, family gatherings, dance and cheer competitions, and basketball. If we can just make it to January we usually can take a rest for a bit. The fact is one day these little ones will be gone.....
and then it will just be us here......
whatever will we do????? So I will cherish each crazy, super busy day until then. The truth of our children leaving is becoming a reality more and more each day with Hunter applying to colleges, ordering graduation stationary and other little things. I am not dealing with this very well, I have been waking up in the middle of the night restless, and diaphoretic from the thought that all my little ones will soon not be under the same roof. It's not that I don't want him to grow up and start his own life and family, and career. I just don't want him to leave the life he has now with us, (how very selfish right?). Our pediatrician has already told me that it's not healthy to be a child stalker, and I am learning to loosen my grip a little everyday through prayer and reassurance that we have raised him right so maybe he will stay on the right path once he leaves here. For now that is all I can do, Pray. If you are a young parent reading this I would love for you to take one thing away from this.... Pray for your children..... and start before you even have them. There is extreme power in praying for your kids!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you all!!!
Jennifer





No comments:

Post a Comment