"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Full Day!!!


A day at the Merrick's house is always a full day. On the days I don't work I wake to the sound of an alarm clock, not just the typical sound of a loud buzz, this sound is unique to our house only. This alarm clock never has to be set, it just magically goes off when ever it wants too, which most of the time is around 7:00. I don't lay in bed all night worrying if it won't wake me up on time, or if it will shut off if the electric goes out. The noise it makes is not one you could sleep through, unless you are deaf of course, it screams "Mommy!! Hey Mommy, I'm up" then it screams " Hey Mommy, come get me out of my bed!!" After getting her out of her bed I make breakfast, by the time it's finished another little person emerges to join her for breakfast. Hagan usually meets me with his thumb in his mouth, and his red hair sticking up. "Morning Mommy, are you off today?" When they are done eating and I've just about got their mess cleaned up, a third little person appears in a dash to the bathroom, he says "Morning Mom, you going to be here all day?" Then I feed him and finish cleaning the kitchen. I forgot to mention that I usually have completed some laundry, made Tea, let the dog out, made my bed, and had my first cup of coffee by this time. I don't have to make breakfast for the teenager cause he doesn't get up until lunch. Now by lunch I have managed to finish several loads of laundry, changed diapers, cleaned up messes, and broken up several fights. I have had 1 if not 3 little people in the time out chair, more than once I'm sure. Lunch is served, and by then the teen has made it out of his bed and to the kitchen. Clean up is done, and yes the washer and dryer are still going strong. Then it's nap time for the Princess and I manage to jump in the shower for 3 min. After I get ready I check the mail, and sit down for a few minutes. After the baby wakes up, it's snack time and then I usually have to take 1 if not more to a sport function, or something else. Get home fix supper, clean up the mess, start baths, everyone gets a vitamin, brush 3 sets of teeth, read a story, tuck them in and then I say "Hi, love you but I got to go to bed" to my wonderful husband, and then I'm in a coma. The funniest thing is that it seems like just a few minutes go bye before that alarm clock goes off again.

Now on the days I go to work I hear a normal alarm clock at 4:00 am and I spend 12 hours at work caring for others too. I love being a nurse, and I love my patients, and sometimes I love their family members. I work 3 days a week and I am going to school too. Don't take this blog as a huge complaining letter about my life. I said my days are full. Full of life and sometimes death, full of joy and pain, laughter and tears. Full of people that I love and care about. No it's not always what I think it should be but it is always a blessing in someway. I wouldn't change any of it cause it's my life, I learn from every experience I have whether it's cleaning the kitchen, or cleaning up poop. Putting a little person in the naughty chair or showing a family where their love one is. I hope I have many more days that are just as Full as the ones I have already had.

No comments:

Post a Comment