"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

Monday, February 7, 2011

"Show me the money!!!"

We have started the fundraising process for our adoption. I know that God will provide a way if it is his will, and I am certain it is his will for our family. But the flesh I am covered in is so scared. One of my resolutions this year was to finish reading my bible, so I have been devoting time every morning to read and reflect on God's word. It has been a cold drink of water for my thirsty soul. It's like I start reading and he answers my questions. Wow! How great is my God. Day one; I asked "I don't know how we will do it" and I read Mark 4:40 ..."why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?" So I know I have faith now what? then I read Mark 9:23 "if thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." Day 2; I know it's God's will so will he help me? Matthew 21:22 "and all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." Day 3; Why am I so scared? Matthew 14:27 " But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer, it is I; be not afraid." With everyday I read he answers my questions, and each day brings me reassurance that God is in control of things. That's when I'll grow, see if I never let him control my life, my life will never be control. I am ashamed to say that I am 32 years old and I am just now growing as a Christain. I want to do what he wants me to do, because when I do I'm the one that receives blessings. When people here my story of wanting to adopt I get mixed responses. Some say "what are you thinking?", "don't you two have enough kids already?", "whatever made you decide that?" and some say " It's so nice for you to take an orphan in" "I'm glad there are people like you to do that." and "Wow!, You are going to be such a blessing for that little girl." I have mixed emotions to all the responses I get. Sometimes I want to say " What a blessing that little girl will be in my life!" , "I am so lucky that I have a Heavenly Father that takes orphans in too!", and " We didn't decide this on our own, we just answered when God called." I don't want anyone who reads this to think I am saying that everyone should adopt, because it's not for everyone. However it is for Brian and I. I am still scared, and a little nervous when I think about the hoops we have to go through but I have faith that it will be ok. If God can feed 5,000 with 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread, he can help us with the money needed to bring her home. I have to have faith remember I have never flown on a plane ever, now I'm signing up for a 24 hour flight over many miles and lots of water. If that's what I have to do to get Hadlee home I will. I will close with this, if anyone reading this wants to help, just pray. We will be forever thankful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment