"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Haven's 3 !!!!!!!











Happy birthday to my sweet little princess. She started her birthday off with a big bang needless to say. Early this morning, 3:27 to be exact, Harrison woke me up and said " Mommy, Haven is up and out of her bed and she got into your make-up and put it all over my bed". "When?" I said, dazed and confused from being woke-up during my REM sleep. "She's up there right now" he replied. I sprang out of my warm bed, tried to get upstairs in the dark almost tripping and killing myself and when I got to their room I was shocked. All I could see was the bright red lipstick she had put all over Harrison's quilt, all over his bed, all over his pillow. I was so mad I didn't even see what she had done to herself. Haven's entire face was RED, not just her lips but her whole face, including her bangs, or what's left of them after the half mullet she has from cutting her hair back in October. I drug her little butt downstairs and upon entering our room shouted "Get the hell up! Your daughter has put red lipstick all over herself, Harrison's bed, and probably all over the rest of this house." My wonderful husband said " What?" I answered "Here let me show you" as I turned on the light switch. "Jesus Christ!" he commented. Then when we got her into the bathroom we noticed that it was all over both of her hands and both of her feet. We used 3 washcloths and half a bottle of dawn dish soap getting that crap off of her. After about 25 minutes, we laid her little butt in between us in hopes we would get some sleep. Now we never let the kids sleep with us, but in this situation we just wanted to sleep. Brian said he felt like he had been in a wrestling match the next morning. I don't know what we are going to do with that thing, I guess I am going to sew little bells on the feet of her PJ's so I can hear her when she's up, destroying the entire house. Now for what I was planning on saying in this post, Happy birthday sweet Haven!!!!!!
and by the way, I know what we said sounded like we are awful parents but we just replied in the heat of the moment. We normally try to keep the social filter on our mouths most of the time.

1 comment:

  1. LOL josh did it too sister! O do I know what that was like! Question is, did u get pictures to scrap it?

    ReplyDelete