"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The busiest time of the year!!!

Christmas is just around the corner and I am again not ready. Every year I end up saying next year I will; be more organized, have my shopping done earlier, decorate the house better, enjoy the dinners we attend, and I make more expectations then the previous year. All of that and Christmas comes around and I am still not ready. Maybe I should be more organized, and I might even get my shopping done earlier, but I it's hard to be organized during the busiest time of the year when you're not organized the slowest time of the year. Shopping is hard to do when the money trees in the yard have no leaves on them. Not to mention that Haven, Hunter, Jordan, Granny, and Denny all have birthdays this month, and Hagan's birthday is 2 weeks after Christmas. So it's easier to say what I should do than it actually is to do..... This is the best and worst time of the year for me, I don't want to sound like a bah-humbug or anything, but that's just how I feel. We are so busy running around and getting everything done we miss Christmas. I just want to enjoy the celebration of our savior's birth, but instead I am too busy coming up with presents from Santa. Now I am not saying there is anything wrong with Santa, all of our children believe in Santa, except for Hunter of course he will be 14 in one week, but I think we still should make the true meaning of Christmas a priority. I just think that for me it's easy to lose sight of the priority during the craziness. So next year I will make the true meaning of Christmas my priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment