"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

Monday, January 18, 2016

Hunter's 19th

So we celebrated this big guy's 19th birthday one week before Christmas. I'm dealing with the fact that he is growing into a semi-independent young man. He made it through his first semester at college, and well I'm dealing with that too. If you would have asked me 19 years ago what the hardest thing about being a parent was, I probably would have said things such as; going without a lot of sleep, the financial worries of raising a baby, finding reliable childcare, and at that time I would have been doing that all by myself as a single mother at the age of 18. Now if you ask me I would have to say; watching him drive off to college every Sunday afternoon, worrying that he will thrive in school and in his life, and praying that God protects him from all of life's troubles. Being a parent is the hardest but most rewarding job in the world, something you can't take lightly. I am so proud of this young man! Some days I look at him and think "Wow, I got something right in life" and I am so grateful that God has blessed me with a wonderful husband who is the only father Hunter knows. Brian has been such an amazing father for our children, a great example for them to follow.
Hunter is majoring in Criminal Justice in hopes to one day join the FBI. He is starting his second semester as a freshman at the University of the Cumberlands. Hunter is also excited to get the opportunity to play the sport he loves, football in the fall. We couldn't be more proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment