"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

Monday, January 18, 2016

It's been Two Years

Let me just start by saying that this is one of my favorite photos of Hadley Caroline, this was taken in our living room by my sister Crystal. I'm posting this a few months late, but that's my style sometimes.
       On November 25,2013 this little doll rocked changed our world for the better! I will never forget the first time we laid eyes on her, both by photo and in person. We have been so completely blessed to have this girl come into our family. It's not been the easiest road to travel down, but I'm glad we chose it anyway. We have had challenges, which all families do, but we have conquered them with love, lots of patience some days, time and energy. Nothing is easy when raising children, and that can be said about biological children, adopted children, foster children, and even children with special needs. I catch myself sometimes thinking Hadley is more like me then any of my other children. Hadley likes things her way and her way only (who does that sound like Brian?). Hadley is strong willed and determined and never backs down, a trait I both love and hate. She has come out of her shell in many ways, one being that she lets me love her the way that most moms love on their children. She is more clingy to me then she used to be, and for that I am grateful. I would be lying if I said there are no fears in adopting a child. I try to keep my fears locked up almost all of the time but every now and then I will catch one trying to make it's way to the surface. A spirit of curiosity takes over. I wonder what her China mother is doing, if she's thinking about her. I wonder if Hadley will one day resent the fact that her biological mother is not part of her life. I sometimes worry so much about her future teenage years and rebellion that I want to run away. Then I hear God whisper so softly in my spirit "Child, be not afraid. These fears are all on the devil. Stay the course for I am with you always."
     Hadley has come so far in her physical abilities too. She was just discharged from both PT and OT through her preschool because she has met all of her goals. Hadley has improved in speech too, although she is still not articulating words, she is making lots of sounds. I just know it won't be long before she is talking. Hadley is also getting more accustomed to wearing her implants with little fuss now in the morning when we put them on. It's been almost one year getting to this point though. We just met with her educators at school and if things keep going the way they are now she will be moving to Kindergarten next year. I am not ready for that. Back in November we started taking Hadley to Lexington every other Friday for additional speech therapy through the Lexington Hearing and Speech Center, and Mrs. S is wonderful!!! Oh how I long for the day that Hadley is able to talk, and make herself heard. I know there are days she gets so frustrated not being able to communicate what she wants to.
I can't wait to see what God has in store for her, I'm sure it will be out of this world.
I love you so much sweet Hadley Caroline!!!! I'm so very blessed to get to call you mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment