"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

Saturday, May 8, 2010

A time to laugh and a time to cry

Yesterday was a day to celebrate and to cry. My older sister Alison graduated from nursing school after a long and tough journey. I was so happy to see her complete this very rough task and I admire her for the determination she had in finishing what she started. Alison WAY TO GO !!!!! On a smaller note, yesterday was a sad day for Brian and I as we found out he will be graduating at a different date. Most people don't know this but when you are in a masters program you can't have a grade lower than a "B". Brian came just shy of getting a "B" in one of his classes, and when I say just shy I mean 1.4 points shy. I will have to admit it was one of his worst days ever, and for me it was pretty upsetting too. Merrick's don't give up you see, we persevere when it comes to reaching our goals and making our dreams come true. So quiting isn't an option, and I know with every bit of my being that my husband will finish school. This is something he wants more than anything, and not just for himself but for our family. I questioned God last night and ask him why now? We were so close! I have been hanging on for May 2011 for what seems like eternity. We had so many plans for next year including a once in a lifetime vacation, maybe buying a new van ( Lord knows we need it), and most important traveling to China to get our beloved Hadley. I am so honored to serve a God who always comforts me in my time of need. When I woke up this morning I knew that everything was going to be just fine. God has never given me anything I can't handle. God will take care of me now and forever! Brian will return to school next spring, we will go on a vacation, our van is going to keep running forever, and our baby girl will one day be in our arms. I have learned through this that God does things in his time, not mine. If I trust him I must trust him with everything! Now before I close I just want to let my husband know a few things; Brian I am not and will never be disappointed in you. You are a wonderful Father to our children, and the best husband ever. When I held your hand and said " in good times and in bad" and "for richer and for poorer" I meant it. Pick your head up and hold it high, you have nothing to be ashamed of. No one will ever be able to hold a candle even close to you in my eyes. I love you sweetheart!!!!!!!!!!!

" For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment: