"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Break Me

I had a sweet little lady at work today, she was in bed one and just got the devastating news that she has terminal cancer. She had seemed to become more withdrawn over the last few days while I had been caring for her, and I thought maybe some TV would help keep her mind from thinking about her illness. When I turned on the TV a Christain program was already on, so I thought to myself "this might cheer her up a little". After listening for a few minutes, the lady talking said " the problem with people today is that they always pray for God to bless them. What they need to pray for is for God to break them and make them what he wants them to be" that was very eye opening for me. I really need to ask God to help me be what it is he wants me to be.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to give a little update on this entry. The lady I was talking about in this blog went home to be with our precious Lord and Savior the day after I cared for her. I know that she is enjoying the view from Heaven.

    ReplyDelete