"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!!
















Christmas morning was great! The kids woke us up and told us that Santa came and we needed to get up to see what he had brought them. The children all liked what they got, then Brian and I opened the presents we got for each other (that we said we weren't going to get). Then I fixed a big breakfast before we headed to my in-laws, and then to my parents house for our family dinners. All day I thought about how wonderful this day is for so many reasons, but mostly because we get to spend it together. I'm so grateful that Jesus's birth started it all and I am thankful beyond words for his unselfish gift of eternal life. As the day went on I had two very important people on my mind. Justin (my brother for those who don't know)not getting to come home, it was the first Christmas without him. I miss him so much and it was very sad at dinner without him. I guess now I should say "Thank You" to all our military families for the sacrafices they make every holiday. The other person on my mind that day was my other daughter who is many, many miles away from me in China. I am praying for her everyday, and I hope that we only have to go through one more Christmas here without her. Please continue to pray for her safety over there, and that God protects her everyday while we are separated.

No comments:

Post a Comment